FRI-nally! FRIDAY is HERE!
Surely, I’m not the only one who thought this was the longest. week. ever.
Here’s a random FOF, my first of 2017…
I’m quitting Starbucks in February
Yeah, you read that right. I’m boycotting Starbucks for the month of February. I have decided that they pocket wayyyy too much of my paycheck and it’s time to end that bad habit. Like, so bad that I was going 3 times a week. And, at like $8 a pop it was adding up quickly.
So Sayonara… to the Caramel Macchiato, Banana Bread, and 700 calories. I’ll pocket that $8.
Easy side dishes
Do you ever get in a cooking rut? You fix the same meals week after week and nothing changes. While I wouldn’t say I’m quite there, I would say that I am in a “side dishes” rut.
Typical sides for us:
- Sauteed veggies (asparagus, zucchini, some kind of squash)
- Easy rice mixes (Zatarans, Uncle Ben’s…)
- Some kind of potato (baked, tater tots, fries)
- Seasoned canned beans
Is there a dish that is easy, and that your family loves? Please share your recipes!
New Makeup Products
I’ve noticed that my foundation has been creasing in 2 different spots lately: My smile lines, and a frown/expression line between my eyes on the bridge of my nose. I feel like this problem is fairly new and is really frustrating me.
I should preface this whole topic by saying that I am not a “makeup toucher upper” meaning that I put on my makeup in the morning and then I go. No products come with me. No touch ups happening. I don’t even think I carry a mirror in my purse! I reapply gloss/lipstick/balm here and there but not religiously.
One of my great friends Melodie works for Sephora in Nashville (and waited on Reba recently!) and was super helpful when I text her about my creasing complaint.
Here’s what we decided together:
- I need to quit cutting corners and use primer, again. She recommended this Too Faced Prime & Poreless primer. At $30 it was more than I expected to buy, but when I saw how this transformed the back of my hand, I knew it was something I needed. It’s smooth and velveting without feeling gloopy (Melodie’s term, ha!).
- Next, I need to set my foundation (Born This Way by Too Faced) with a small amount of powder. Melodie recommended Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. At $36 it was more than I wanted to spend on a powder, but I gave in when I felt the amazing texture. It feels nothing like a powder. So silky!
- Finally, I need a new super fluffy powder brush. I didn’t purchase the one she recommended because it’s $40 and after dropping some dough on the primer + powder I was done for the day. Eventually I’ll do what she says and buy the damn brush because I know deep down I need it.
I’ll report back next Friday to let you know how this new line up is working for my crease issues.
It’s so easy a monkey could do it!
Seriously though, we are totally doing this in our house. Any and all change we have ends up in Sammy’s fox bank, but we can make an effort to keep dimes for ourselves. We certainly use and carry very little cash. Honestly, I would like for us to budget with cash and ditch cards (except for gas and things like that where it is much more convenient to swipe).
If you or your family has done a challenge like this, let me know how it went!
putting on my drinkin’ boots
‘Cause we are going out tonight to see Miranda Lambert! I’ve seen her show, maybe 5 years ago, and loved it. My husband bought tickets as a Christmas/birthday gift for me and I can’t wait to have a night out!
Have a great & safe weekend!