Gahhh… it is such a Monday. We returned yesterday afternoon from vacation to Ohio, and I am feeling sluggish, and that’s putting it optimistically. Work has me stressed to the max, and I’m just not feelin’ it today. If I can make it to Wednesday, I think I can coast into the weekend. Oh, but I have to work a booth at a senior health + wellness expo. Ugh. It’s the hardest day of work for me for the entire year. Talking to old people for 6 hours makes for one hell of a day. Okay, back to today…
I’m taking a quick break from work to do a brain dump. Maybe it will make me feel better.
- We have a meeting with our pastor tonight to discuss baptism details for our little guy. I meant to have him baptized a few months ago, but we are just getting around to it. We have been absent from church (for the most part) since he has been born, so we are just now getting to know the new pastor. The one that married us got reassigned to a different church a few hours away. I hate it when that happens. #MethodistChurchProblems
- While vacationing to Dayton, Ohio (where my family is from), we spent an hour or so driving around fancy neighborhoods so Sammy could get a nap in. We used it as an opportunity to get ideas about how we would like to landscape our house. We think an arbor with trellises would look great in our backyard. Who knows how much that will cost?! Just an idea though! I am looking forward to getting some shrubs planted sometime soon. When I go to Lowe’s I want EVERYTHING in the garden section.
- At Meijer this weekend, we found raspberry bush starter plants. I wanted to buy like 546 of them because I LOVE WILD BERRIES! But, we were 600 miles from home, the trunk was already packed, and we could just buy them at home. I’m determined to find some around here and get them planted. Then, my dad reminded me that they are basically sticker bushes. So, I decided I’ll buy them and just plant them at my parent’s house somewhere behind the part on the fence row. Problem solved! Thanks, Dad 😉
- I feel like I spend half of my life washing bottles. I know that’s not the case. Just feels like it.
- Along with Sydney, I signed up for Grove Collaborative and am going to work on getting ready of nasty chemical cleaners in our home. More on this later.
- I found the perfect pair of skinny jeans! These from Express are perfect for me. And so comfy! I need more than one pair.
- I have the most rockin’ hubby in the world. So patient. So helpful. I am such a lucky lady! I was feeling blue this morning, being back to work after spending every second of the past several days with the baby. He came to my office to check on me a couple times and called me this afternoon to see how I was doing.
- My child grows out of something every day. I swear I buy a sleeper for him and in two weeks I’m throwing it into the “put this in a box in the attic because it doesn’t fit anymore” pile. We just upgraded to size 4 diapers. Golly! That just means he is a healthy, growing boy.
- I repurchased this awesome eyeliner again. It is my holy-grail all time favorite black liner.
- Here’s what’s on our menu this week:
Monday – not sure, since we have the church meeting. Maybe PBJ. For real.
Tuesday – we have a seminar after work so it could be another PBJ situation. Or pizza.
Wednesday – Spaghetti
Thursday – Chicken Taco Salad
Friday – Leftovers
Saturday – Mississippi Roast. And you better believe I’m already looking forward to that!.
- Boogie Wipes are awesome. After baby came down with a case of allergies or maybe it was teething symptoms, we grabbed these and have been so happy with them. Hubby says he is using them next time he is sick instead of Kleenex.
Back to being productive.