Happy Sunday! It’s sunny and 16 degrees this morning, here in Missouri. It snowed about an inch or so yesterday… And it is bright and beautiful outside. I just love winter. Especially, when I’m inside my warm house, wearing fleece PJ pants that happen to have pink cupcakes on them!
I’m sipping my Folgers and enjoying a delicious brunch that I whipped up. We skipped out on church this morning due to the cold temps. I came with a yummy and easy egg dish that I can’t wait to share with you!
- 9 large eggs
- 2 medium potatoes, diced to 1/2″ cubes, you can use frozen! (I would have if I had them.)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used 1/2 cup mozzarella for its stringy-ness & 1/2 cup sharp cheddar for its flavor)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-2 t seasoning of your choice
- Olive oil
Seriously, this is so easy
- In a non-stick pan, heat 1 T olive oil. Add veggies! If you’re using frozen potatoes you don’t need to add them.
- Add your seasoning. I used Mrs. Dash Original. Love that stuff.
- Cook veggies until they are beginning to soften and become translucent. You want them to finish in the oven, so don’t over do it or you’ll get mush. For my fresh, not frozen, potatoes I wanted them to be soft enough to smash.
- It should take no more than 10 minutes for your veggies to cook.
- Add them to a baking dish. You can choose whatever size you want, I chose a casserole dish because I knew where the lid was. Who else hates playing hide and seek with lids? Just keep in mind that the size of your dish will impact how thick your casserole is and will alter the baking time. If you are using anything frozen you will put it in now.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and cheese. Pour over top of veggies and potatoes.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, again this depends on your dish. You can check to see if it is done by wiggling it to see how much jiggle you get out of your eggs. It is done when the edges become golden and you have a little bit of jiggle in the center only.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving! Add salt, pepper, hot sauce… Whatever you please! I chose not to add any of those things when making this because everyone likes their eggs different. Heck, you could even add more cheese on top when baking!!
I’m hoping we’ll have enough leftovers to have a quick breakfast on the way out the door in the morning! But, I think I’m going back for seconds…