I’ll admit, I kind of forgot about my little Must-Have Monday series. There haven’t been many products I’ve tried that I felt were truly MHM post-worth until this one…
Today I’m sharing about my experience with the It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream.
Why is it a must-have?
When I’m looking for a foundation I have key criteria that a product must meet to be a winner in my book. Those criteria are: (1) lightweight feel, (2) coverage without looking like a mask, (3) benefits my skin, and (4) is long-wearing. Here’s how the It Cosmetics CC stacks up in those categories:
- I definitely do not feel like I’m wearing anything on my face when I have this on. I apply it just as a would moisturizer. Right after the shower, with nothing underneath. Occasionally I do use a primer, but that’s rare. Throughout the day I feel like I’m not wearing much of anything at all.
- This little baby has coverage! Don’t let the “CC Cream” wording fool you. I think this has medium coverage that borders on full coverage. I like to have coverage to smooth out discolorations, red patches, scars, etc., but I do not want my freckles to be completely covered. I have tried full coverage foundations that do that and I feel like I don’t look like myself. I look too ‘flat’.
- This product is not only a color-correcting cream, but boasts 50+ SPF and an anti-aging system. It moisturizes wonderfully and I do feel like the texture and appearance of my skin has improved since using this product! I do feel like it is safe for my skin during pregnancy. I have done my best to avoid toners and moisturizers with acne-fighting acids and definitely haven’t even needed those kind of products since using this CC cream.
- I apply this at 7 a.m. each morning and go throughout the work day without seeing blotchy-ness or oxidation like I have from other products. I do set it with a powder (I’ve been using NYX Stay Matte but not Flat) in the morning, but do not reapply throughout the day — because I’m lazy.
Cost: Little bottle for $15.00 and full size for $38.
Where to buy: I have purchased this product at Ulta. I do not believe my local Sephora carries the brand (I could be wrong). It Cosmetics appears frequently on QVC as well!
Read more about the ingredients, benefits, and details online at: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5770257
- I’m so ready for our house to be finished… I can’t stand it! I did peek in the windows yesterday to see that the granite has been installed in the kitchen. Yippeee! Come on flooring guys… let’s rock this thing out.
- We had a nice weekend visit from one of my aunts and cousin who live in New Orleans! It was great to catch up and have a relaxing weekend all in one.
- I can’t stop by things for little Sam on Zulily. Baby Under Armour may be a weakness of mine! Oh – waiting on a precious Burts Bees onesie and an Aden + Anais swaddle with big red stars. I love the Zulily prices, but hate the wait!