TGIF! Happy Friday, folks! I’m not sure what the weather is like where you’re at, but here in SW Missouri fall has arrived! (For a few days at least!) The cooler temps have been so nice for opening the windows and taking evening walks. Let’s jump into the good news…
For week 26, I lost 4.8 pounds for a total of 32.4 pounds lost. I’m thrilled!! I finally broke the 30-pound barrier.
I tracked everything I ate Monday through Thursday. Every mini Milky Way Caramel Apple, the butter I put on my green beans, the half an ounce of shredded cheese on my salad… everything. It worked! I knew it would. Every time I make a commitment to tracking and follow through, I lose weight.
My staples for this week have been:
– Jeremy and I have been totally into Musselman’s Cinnamon Apple Sauce. I eat 2/3 cup for 3 points. It’s my equivalent to ice cream – and tastes like fall!
– Lots of brown rice. I think I had some variation of brown rice as a side for every dinner this week.
My saving grace this week:
– Using my digital food scale and measuring cups to serve myself perfect portions.
– Cookie Butter, ‘nough said. Sydney gave us this jar and I’ve been loving spreading about half a Tablespoon (1 pp) on a Eggo Nutri-Grain blueberry waffle for breakfast.
Featured meal this week:
Skinny Garlic Chicken rocked our world. I made an Asian variation on Wednesday with soy sauce and garlic chili sauce. I used 1/2 teaspoon of the hot stuff because I didn’t want to blow our brains out. It wasn’t as spicy as I expected, so next time I will add more. The end result was a flavorful variation of the original recipe.
Eating out this week:
We over-did it on Friday and Saturday, but ate at home for dinner every night this week. We are planning on going to our old high school’s football game tonight and I see a Frito Pie in my future 🙂
Working out this week:
– Monday: 40 minute walk around our new neighborhood
– Thursday: 35 minute walk (we increased our distance & our pace!)
We did core work in the living room 3 times this week.
Visible changes this week:
Less bloating. I assume that’s a direct result from avoiding restaurant/pre-processed foods.
Goals for next week:
Continue to track and walk.
I am now just 7.6 pounds away from my BIG goal. Let’s do this thing!!