It’s finally Friday… Week 22. Wow! 4 weeks left before the 6 month mark.
For week 22, I lost 0.2 pounds for a total of 28.2 pounds lost.
I am 11.8 pounds away from my “40 pounds lost by September 1st” (or September 14th) goal.
What a week! I’m not going to go over my normal categories that I stick to for my weekly posts because this week has been all over the place. We traveled to Arkansas for the Watermelon Festival, had a busy week, and a little stress. I can’t explain how happy I am that today is Friday!
Let’s talk about Weight Watchers first.
- I maintained. Major victory. My weight was up most of the week and I worked hard to get back to where I was at the end of last week.
- The battle to overcome unhealthy choices in Arkansas was complicated by our anniversary date on Tuesday night. We went out to Cantina Laredo to enjoy a local magazine’s restaurant month special. We had chips & salsa, appetizers, entrees, and desserts. It was ridiculously delicious and I looked about 4 months pregnant when I was finished. (NO, I AM NOT PREGNANT). So full that it was terribly uncomfortable. The salty food made me thirsty for at least a day. But, can we just pause and admire the beauty of the Mexican Brownie doused in brandy butter served on a hot cast iron plate? Seriously one of the best ‘zerts (Parks & Rec reference) I have EVER had.
- Other food choices this week include: Pita Pit (Chicken Souvlaki all day long), Taco Bell (chicken quesadilla – I’m not proud!), and a really bland baked chicken and mashed potatoes meal at a luncheon. I had fresh cucumber, Minute brown and wild rice cups, and a hamburger on a Nature’s Own whole wheat sandwich thin.
- I did a horrible job of tracking.
Working out this week:
– Monday: Zumba
– Tuesday: 5 a.m. PiYO
– Wednesday: Jazzercise – This was my first time! My friend Melodie invited me to a class. Overall, I felt like it was an okay workout, but not near as fun as Zumba. Here’s the thing – I’m really good at seeing someone do something once and then I can do it, on rhythm. Not all people have that gift and I totally understand. However, Jazzercise was the same basic moves repeated a million times over. I did, however, enjoy the strengthening portion of the class using free weights and a yoga ball.
Back to the PiYO, Zumba, and walking grind next week.
Time for the life update AKA house update.
- I got a call from the Realtor yesterday saying that someone made an offer on the house that we love and he is 90% sure everything will go through. Ugh. I was pretty devastated. Still am. I was 24 hours away from putting a deposit on the house. Can it get more frustrating?
- It’s not our fault, it’s not the Realtor’s fault… it’s just the way it goes. I pictured us living there and enjoying evenings in the beautiful backyard. I had already decorated the living room in my head and planned where the Christmas tree would go. I
hadstill have house love.
- Something else will come along and God has a plan, right? The Realtor told me about another house that his wife reminded him of that is for rent in the same town. He does not manage the property, but he told me on the phone that he was confident that I would like it. We are going to walk through that house this afternoon and I have my fingers crossed that it works out. It’s a newer house, bigger house, and I am sure it will be fine.
Blah! I’m still a little “hungover” on disappointment. I’ll get over it.