I’m sharing a quick laundry recipe to rid your bath towels of horrible mildew smell. We all know that smell! It’s awful and leaves your skin smelling less than fresh.
Our towels suddenly caught the smell… I say caught because it came out of no where. Like we had a bad batch of laundry.
I took to Pinterest to find a solution, just like any other mid-20s gal would do. I found several pins that told the same story…vinegar and baking soda should do the trick… And it did!
To freshen smelly towels:
1. Add towels to washer. Run it on a regular cycle with hot water. Add 1-2 cups of white distilled vinegar.
2. Don’t add soap!
3. When this cycle is finished, re arrange the towels and start another hot water cycle. No soap this time either! Add 1/2 cup baking soda. Run the cycle.
4. Now, transfer your towels to the dryer. Or if you’re like me, hang them outside on the clothesline for maximum freshness. (If you do this, you will need to soften them in the dryer later)
5. Make sure you don’t take them out of the dryer til they are 100% dry.
6. (The final & favorite step) Bury your face into that warm towels and breathe in the non-smell! Ahhhh!
This has worked wonders for us and has saved me from spending lots of money to replace our 8 or so thick, fluffy bath towels.
Note: The next time I washed the towels I used our normal detergent (Era) and dried the towels in the dryer. Good as new!
Have you tried this laundry recipe or something similar? Let me know!