Yay, it’s Friday! It’s been 2 weeks since my last post to update you on my Weight Watchers progress. I’m running behind because I went to a work conference last week and then Jeremy and I were on vacation. I’ll spare you all the vacation details in this post, but if you’re curious about what we did, ate, saw, etc. read yesterday’s post here.
For the purposes of getting back on track with the weekly updates and trying to avoid a super long post, I’m changing up my topics. I’ll get back to the usual next week.
At the end of Week 14, I gained 0.8 pounds for a total of 21.4 pounds lost. So basically, after a week and a half of not following WW or working out, I gained weight. 2.6 pounds to be exact. I’ve lost 1.8 of that in the past 3 days as I’ve gotten back on track.
I’m not upset. Not at all really. Here are two reasons why I don’t regret anything I ate or not working out:
- It’s a Reward. I have lost over 20 lbs! That’s no small feat. I deserved the numerous glasses of wine, filet mignon, pasta, cheese, etc. It doesn’t hurt to stop and pat yourself on the back.
- It’s a Reminder. If I eat like shit, I feel like shit. If I eat great, I feel great. It’s as simple as that. I was sluggish and sleepy over vacation while I was eating like, well like I used to. It’s amazing that when you fuel your body with good stuff, it performs better. Such a simple concept but one that’s so easy to ignore.
Week 13 Road Trip Snacks:
I did my best to pack healthy snacks, and I didn’t do too terribly bad.
- I made Spicy Pretzels. It’s a WW recipe that the hubby and I really enjoyed. Here’s a little tip: use only half the amount of cayenne pepper. These little babies pack a PUNCH. Which makes you want to chug bottles of water = numerous potty breaks! 3 pp per 2/3 cup
- Jell-O Sugar Free, Fat Free Chocolate Pudding, 2 pp per snack
- Weight Watchers String Cheese, 1 pp per stick
- Bananas, free!
- Nutri-Grain cereal bars, 3 pp
Week 14 Meals:
I posted about our sausage, peppers, and onions dinner earlier this week. It was so tasty for just 8 pp!
Yesterday, Jeremy made dinner. A Pinterest find at that! Click here to view the original link for Tortellini Soup. Of course, we can never follow a recipe, so let me detail the small (but healthy) changes we made. We cooked this on the stove and opted to not sautee the veggies first. Therefore, no oil is needed! Also, we subbed the Parmesan for reduced fat cheddar.
We used Louisa brand frozen tortellini. I used my digital food scale to measure out 4 oz. of cheese tortellinis. That’s right – picked the tortellinis out of the soup and put them on the scale. Hey, the details count! 4 oz. totaled 7 pp, and the rest of the soup is made from 0 point ingredients.
The soup is very filling. We both decided it’s a dish that we want to make again.
Working out this week:
– I went to my first PiYo class last night. It was the first time I had worked out in 2 weeks! (Minus, evening walks.) Boy oh boy, I am feeling the burn this morning! If you haven’t heard of PiYo, it’s is a fast-paced pilates and yoga strength training class set to popular music.
Goals for next week:
– Attend a 2-hour Zumba party on Saturday.
– Track everything I eat.
I’m looking forward to eating healthy and working out during Week 15. If any of you have done PiYo and have words of wisdom – PLEASE SHARE!