I can’t believe it’s been 9 weeks. Time flies! I’ll start off being honest… I didn’t do so hot this week. I let myself have too much wiggle room with unhealthy foods. I think I learned my lesson and I’ll have a better week 10.
For week 9, I lost .6 pounds for a total of 16.2 pounds lost. I didn’t gain, so that’s a win.
My staples for this week have been:
– Homemade pizzas on Mama Mary’s Thin & Crispy crusts
My saving grace this week:
– Jello Chocolate Pudding cups, the sugar free kind! I was nervous to try these for the first time because the evil words “sugar free” are scary. These cups are tasty and at 2 pp a piece, they are a welcome change to my typical Yoplait desserts.
– Snacking on fat free pretzels at work (mini twists are 3 pp for 20 pretzels)
Featured meal this week:
Nothing to brag about here.
Eating out this week:
Over the weekend I did pretty good. We ate at Olive Garden on Saturday for a late lunch/early dinner. I ordered the Lasagna Primavera with Chicken (14 pp), with a serving of salad and one breadstick (4 pp each) for a total of 22 points. I didn’t eat later in the day and was full til I went to bed.
On Tuesday the husband and I went out on a little date. We ate at Springfield Brew Co. and then had a couples massage at our favorite downtown place. It was heavenly! At SBC I ordered the Prime Dip which is basically a French dip sandwich that came with fries. As usual, I couldn’t resist an app so we ordered the spinach artichoke dip. Could I have ordered something more healthy? Sure. Did I care? Nope. It was delicious. Here’s what I did do correctly: I cut the sandwich in half so I only ate a normal sized portion. I had half the fries and then Jeremy and I shared the dip. My stomach was not happy afterwards.
I went to a Chamber networking luncheon on Wednesday and was served a pulled pork sandwich (of which I ate just a little more than half). I chose baked beans over potato salad, with a bag of potato chips. I turned down the delicious looking iced brownies that were staring me in the face. Oh – and they had chocolate chips on top!
Working out this week:
Hubs and I took an evening stroll on Sunday. I went to Zumba on Monday and on Thursday.
Visible changes this week:
Nothing happening that I can see.
Goals for next week:
– Definitely go to Zumba twice. I love it so much! If I’m having a headache it typically goes away and I’m in a much better mood when I’m finished. I need to work on crunches, squats, and push-ups at home this week.
– Keep it under control at my in-laws this weekend. We’re traveling to Jeremy’s dad’s in Arkansas this weekend and I know eating healthy will be difficult. Jeremy’s step-mom Kim is the younger and slimmer version of Paula Deen. She’s a southern home-cooking goddess. I mean, she makes chocolate gravy for breakfast… yeah, this weekend will be tough.
(Goals I set for last week that I achieved: Zumba!)
So here we go, week 10 – let’s do this thing!