TGIF! It’s a sunny morning, I have coffee in hand, and a busy work day ahead. Without further adieu, let’s get to my weekly update.
I had a big goal of hitting the 15 pound mark this week and I just didn’t get there. I’m cool with it. At the end of Week 7 I lost 1 pound for a total of 13 pounds lost.
Let me recap the week… I was bad, really bad. As you may have seen in my Weekend in Photos post, my aunt Kristina and cousin Carson visited and it was the perfect excuse to eat unhealthy foods. I had a cheeseburger (and bun!), hibachi food, pizza (including dessert pizza), Pineapple Whip, and Lord knows what else. Then, mid-week I had Andy’s Frozen Custard which is essentially heaven in a cup. I also went “over” on my points a couple days.
With all that being said, I’m glad I was still able to lose weight this week, because I didn’t eat like someone who is trying to drop the pounds!
My staples for this week have been:
– Sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes. I eat an extreme amount of sweet potatoes. This week I had 3: One microwaved with salt, One microwaved with cinnamon (no sugar), and one sliced into rounds and roasted with olive oil and salt in the oven.
My saving grace this week:
– Nothing comes to mind.
Featured meal this week:
Last night after I returned from Zumba I made a quick veggie stir-fry. To me, making stir-fry is fun because you don’t have to follow a recipe. Just add a little of this, a little of that til it tastes good! Another bonus to making stir-fry — so cheap!
8-point Veggie Stir Fry
– Stir-Fry Vegetables (I had the whole bag for 2 pp. These are less than $2 a bag!)
– Olive Oil (1 1/2 T for 5 pp – you could use less!)
– Soy Sauce (2 1/2 T for 1 pp)
– Worcestershire Sauce (1 T for 0 pp)
– Kikkoman Stir-Fry Sauce (2 T for 1 pp)
– 1 t garlic powder
– 1 t Mrs. Dash Original
– First and most importantly, pick out the vegetables that you don’t like and throw them away! I hate mushrooms and water chestnuts. I picked those out, threw them in the trash, and I was ready to move on with my dinner. Ha!
– I put the frozen veggies in a microwave safe dish with 1/2 cup of water, cover, and microwave for 3-4 minutes until the veggies are thawed and begin to cook. This cuts down on time in the skillet and prevents your dish from becoming watery – which happens when you add frozen veggies into oil.
– Heat olive oil in non-stick skillet. Drain veggies, add them. Cook on medium-high.
– After a couple minutes add your sauces. Make you to measure! Correct portions are key to weight loss!
– Continue to cook at medium-high. The veggies will soften as they absorb the sauces. If I’m feeling spicy I may add sriracha or chili garlic sauce at this point. Use these sauces at your own risk!
– Some people like their vegetables mushy, some like them crunchy. I like them right in between. When they vegetables have cooked to your liking, put them on a plate, or bowl, or on top of a bed of brown rice.
– Voila! A quick and healthy meal.
Eating out this week:
Everywhere. I didn’t mention about that I picked up Panera for lunch one day this week. I had a $2 off a Pick 2 reward that I needed to use. I went for a 1/2 Mediterranean veggie sandwich and a cup of chicken noodle soup. Yummy! I am obsessed with the Med veggie sandwich.
Working out this week:
Once again, I made it to Zumba twice. I think I would go more often if it was offered more than twice during the work week. I can’t force myself to get up on Saturday mornings and go to the toning class. It’s just not gonna happen.
Visible changes this week:
My pants are fitting looser. These are the pants that I had to buy 2 weeks ago because my pre-WW pants were sagging and bagging. So that’s a plus for me and a negative for my bank account! I have been getting compliments on my face looking thinner. That’s cool! I have also noticed that my calves are more toned. I’ve only noticed that because they feel different when I put on lotion.
My rings are fitting much looser too. I had gotten my engagement ring sized in the fall because it was just too tight. Well, now it’s too loose. And my wedding band is getting loose, too! I’m holding off until they’re both too loose its ridiculous before I have them sized.
Goals for next week:
– Continue going to Zumba. If you’re in the Springfield, MO-area and are interested in checking out the class I go to, I’ll link to the website here.
– Make better choices when eating out.
– Do something active on non-Zumba days.
(Goals I set for last week that I achieved: Zumba twice.)
So for Week 8 I am planning on being super anal about what I’m eating. I really think I can hit the 15 pound mark by next Friday! If you have any favorite recipes to share, please leave a link below. I’m always looking for something new to add to my routine!
Thanks for reading 🙂 I greatly appreciate you taking time out of your day to read my posts. I never thought I would have 80ish people follow a silly blog that I decided to start one day out of boredom. So, thank you!