Happy Friday! It’s time for my weekly recap and discussion of all things Weight Watchers.
As always, let’s start with the numbers. This week I lost… 0 pounds! The good news is that I gained 0 pounds too. I’m okay with it! Actually, looking back I can see why I had a “flat” week.
My staples for this week have been:
– I slowly worked on a big dish of enchiladas I made last week, recipe courtesy of SkinnyTaste. These were just okay.
– Grilled buffalo chicken strips… yum yum YUM! I’ve been going to town on these! (I buy Tyson frozen boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins, grill them, then toss in Louisiana buffalo wing sauce). Caution: these are spicy little devils!
My saving grace this week:
– Nothing really. I had a couple rice cakes, a couple macaroons, but not a lot of sweets.
Featured meal this week:
As I mentioned above, I ate a ton of enchiladas this week, and a ton of buffalo chicken strips. Some brown rice, fresh veggies, fresh fruit, lots of Yoplait light FF yogurt.
Eating out this week:
My parents and I ate at Outback Steakhouse last Friday and of course I relied on the WW app to guide me to healthy menu items. I chose a 6 oz. steak, with a side of broccoli and a side garden salad. Where I went right: small steak and veggie. Where I went wrong: the salad. The salad itself was 5 points. I really wanted ranch dressing. Well, it was 6 points. Meaning I had an 11 point side salad!!! Ridiculous!
On Wednesday, I had dinner with one of my friends at Hu Hot. It was a pretty wise restaurant choice because I knew I could go veggie-crazy. For anyone who has never been to Hu Hot, it is a chain Mongolian grill style restaurant. I chose rice noodles (or Pad Thai noodles) with onions, broccoli, green peppers, sprouts, cabbage, and more. For meat, I had tofu one round and chicken the next. They were both 2 pp. Where I had to be careful was with the sauces. Of course, my favorite sauces were the highest points! I tried to stick to the 0 and 1 pp sauces to season my stir fry masterpiece.
Working out this week:
Zumba-ed on Monday, and planned to go on Thursday but stayed home because of the threat of severe weather.
Goals for next week:
– Eat more fresh foods. I bought seedless black grapes last night that are very plump and sweet!
– Limit my coffee (and coffee creamer) intake.
– Take evening walks.
(Goals I set for last week that I achieved: I have been drinking water like a mad man. I think it could be to blame for not losing any weight this week? Does it even work like that?)
Have a great weekend!