It’s been a while since I’ve written a beauty-related post, but I’ve been putting together lots of ideas for future topics. Today I am going to focus on a few products I’ve been loving in February and March.
The product list (left to right in the photo above):
- Wet n Wild Mega Length Waterproof Mascara – I’ve been loving this for my lower lash line. I like a mascara that’s waterproof, but not too hard to remove, a smudge-proof formula that creates definition with my lower lashes. This one is a winner. Plus, you can find it for under 3 dollars!
- L’Oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher – This product works really well for me. I apply it after moisturizer and before foundation. I guess you could say that I use it as a primer. It has two functions (for me): 1. Makes my skin matte. I notice a matte finish for about 8 hours. I also use e.l.f. HD setting powder and Bare Minerals pressed mineral veil in tan. 2. Minimizes the appearance of my pores. I’ve used this under my Covergirl 3-in-1 and my Rimmel Stay Matte. I prefer these two foundations mixed together and this product performs well under the mix. Overall, my skin appears smoother. I bought the trial size of this for $6.99 at Walgreens. I believe the full size is $15 and I will probably buy it when this is empty.
- Maybelline Color Tattoo – I have two of these featured. The darker one is Pomegranate Punk and the lighter one is Beige-ing Beauty. I recently found the BB in a Maybelline nudes display. These work awesome as a base for eyeshadow. I apply them with my finger to my eyelid, concentrating the product closer to my lashes and gently blending it upward. I recently wore the PP with Outsiders from the Naked 3 palette packed on top…talk about pretty! I’ve been leaning toward a nude eye lately using the Naked and Buck shades from my Naked 1 palette and BB is the perfect base.
Swatches of Pomegranate Pink, Beige-ing Beauty, and Pin-up Peach (mentioned next).
- Maybelline Color Whisper – I love, love, love these sheer color lip sticks! So easy to wear and a perfect texture on the lips. These feels moisturizing and leave the lips with a nice shine. While the product is sheer, the color is buildable. I have noticed that the formula is consistent and does not change from shade to shade. This color, Pin-up Peach, is ideal for spring! Can’t get enough. I’m almost out!
- Coastal Scents brushes – Shame on me for not getting a better photo of these! I’ll pull something from the website and insert it below. I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of these brushes. I bought 3 when they were on sale (which is often) just to try. What’s not pictured here is the angled blush brush. It hasn’t knocked me off my socks, but hasn’t disappointed either. I am impressed with the quality of the angled liner brush with natural fibers and the precision blender brush for my crease. These do a good job packing on the shadow nicely and are easy to clean.
- Watermelon Lemonade candle – Not beauty related, but who cares, it smells beautiful! This is a fresh scent that’s smells exactly like its name. It’s not too overwhelming, which is one of my candle pet peeves. I bought the mini to see how well I really liked it and I’m already thinking about going back to Bath & Body Works to buy the full size.
- Tuel Clear It Blemish Corrector – My most wonderful esthetician and friend, Kristin, gave me a sample of this product to fight some blemishes I had been having. After my normal “change of seasons” facial, she used a laser type tool to zap my skin and kill the bacteria living inside my pores that was causing the ugly blemishes. Since then my breakouts have drastically decreased. I’ve held on to this little sample to use when I have little friends pop up here and there. It is also effective for in grown hairs! I apply a very small dab after cleansing my skin. It doesn’t burn or cause dryness that I have noticed. When I use this at night, I notice a difference in the morning. Thank you Kristin, you’re a life saver! (And a brow God.)
- Maybelline The Falsies Mascara – Where are my Falsies lovers at? I’ve been on a mascara quest for a couple months. I’ve tried products from multiple brands and price ranges, yet I continue to go back to the Falsies and wonder why I even tried to explore other products. This mascara hits all my marks for perfect lashes. It lengthens, separates, volumizes, is bold, and isn’t terrible to remove. It is important to note that I do prefer the Flared variety, mainly for the brush. Plus, at $5ish you can’t beat it.
There you have it, an update on some of my recent beauty favorites. If you have used these products or have something to recommend, don’t be shy, leave a comment! Thanks for reading!
- The wind is really howling outside. I hope it doesn’t keep me awake tonight!
- I went on a shopping trip with the girls to the Tanger Outlet. Found a few good deals, but am trying to avoid buying more pants until I drop a size!
- Speaking of Weight Watchers, look for my weekly results post on Friday. I’m feeling good and anticipating another productive week.
- I’m dying for a Shellac manicure. I am convinced that eating healthy has caused my nails to grow.
- Who isn’t pregnant in Hollywood these days? Christina Aguilera, Scarlett Johansson, Stacy Kiebler, Mila Kunis, Savannah Guthrie (she’s not in Hollywood, I know — love her by the way)… It seems like it’s someone new everyday!