Happy Monday! This week I am bringing a foundation review to you that is a staple in my makeup drawer. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to feature this week (ideas included Keuring K-Cups, DKNY Be Delicious perfume, Got2Be Dry Oil Hair Mist, and so on…) and settled on a makeup product.
I recently repurchased this foundation and have continued to enjoy it throughout the end of fall, winter, and now the beginning of spring. Note: It was 74 today and I did get a little warm while I was visiting doctor’s offices today for work. As of 8PM, my foundation looked great!
Why is it a must-have? Before I answer this, let me tell you what I look for in a foundation. I want a product that: blends easily, covers my blemishes and evens my skin tone without covering my freckles (that’s a tough one), is long wearing, and has buildable coverage.
With that being said, let’s talk about the Covergirl Outlast StayFabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. This foundation is a knock out! It hits all my marks for a great foundation. I like the thin liquid consistency and the way it gives my skin a natural finish. No powdery or glowy shimmer happening here!
I apply my foundation at 7 a.m. with my Sigma F80 Flat-top Kabuki brush. First, I pump the product onto the back of my hand and spread it onto my face with my fingers. Then I go in with my Sigma brush to buff it into my skin. I love the even application I get with the F80. The final product is much more flawless when applied with the brush versus my fingers.
If you haven’t heard about the awesomeness that is the F80, here’s a photo and a link to the Sigma website. Yeah, it’s dirty. That’s reality. I like to clean my brushes each weekend, but was out of town.
Back to the topic at hand, the foundation.
The product claims to do 3 things, hence the 3-in-1 claim.
1. Lasting power of a primer – check! In fact, I have tried a couple primers with this and I don’t notice a difference when using a primer and when I haven’t.
2. Coverage of a concealer – check! I only use concealer to cover blemishes/breakouts and to brighten my undereyes. As I mentioned before, I am picky about freckle coverage. I feel like I’m wearing a mask and don’t look like myself. This gives me great coverage of my least favorite spots and doesn’t totally cover my most favorite spots. I do like a freckle here and there!
3. Blendability of a foundation – check! Blends like a dream. I wear this on top of moisturizer most of the time and it smooths out beautifully.
I’ve been wearing this in #855 Soft Honey. It suits me best when I’ve been tanning! I typically use 1 1/2 pumps, sometimes 2 when I want extra coverage.
Cost: Anywhere between $8-$11. It’s all over the board depending on where you shop.
Where to buy: Any drug store.
Do any of you wear this foundation? It’s my new drug store fave. I am looking forward to trying the Neutrogena Healthy Skin, and have finally kicked my old fave Revlon Colorstay Whipped to the curb.
- I bought a camera! I went with a bundle from Best Buy. It came with: Canon T3 Rebel, regular lens, zoom lens, 16 gb memory card, camera bag, Shutterfly credit for $30. I’ve played with the settings around the house, but these are the first 2 photos I’ve posted to the blog. I think it’s a decent start. I’ll get better!
- Jeremy and I had an hour to kill in Springfield on Friday night and made a stop at Incredible Pizza (indoor arcade for kids). You had to either purchase a dinner buffet or $10 game card per person at the door. Since we had dinner plans, we went with the $10 game cards. Let’s just say I lost at every game we played… except for ski ball! We played all kinds of games and worked up a sweat. Then, we met one of Jeremy’s friends from grad school at Big Whiskey’s. Their spin-dip wrapper is my jam. So yummy!
- On Saturday, we packed up our cars and headed to Wichita for his last clinical. You can read about his clinical assignments here. We moved him into this extended stay hotel and went out for a steak dinner. On Sunday we explored Wichita, went to the store, then I had to make the 4+ hour drive home. I hope these next 9 weeks speed by. I am so ready for my husband to be home!
- I am thinking about doing a progressive blog post series on teeth whitening. Thoughts?
- Have a great week!