Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? Today I’m sharing my favorite recipe for a classic cookie! If you are a cake-like cookie lover, you’ll love these. These aren’t dry, just the perfect balance of softness and yummy cookieness!
Jeremy and I just finished dessert, which was made of these cookies dunked in chocolate milk. Does it get any better?
Without further ado, the recipe. It is adapted from Better Homes & Gardens.
– 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
– 1 t baking soda
– 1/2 t salt
– 1/2 c margarine (1 stick)
– 1/2 c shortening
– 1 c packed light brown sugar
– 1/2 c sugar
– 2 eggs (I use large or jumbo)
– 2 t vanilla (I use vanilla flavoring, extract is expensive)
– 1 12 oz. package chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet, but you can use mint chips, Reese chips, etc.)
Oven temp is 375 degrees.
1. Begin by stirring together dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together margarine and shortening using mixer.
3. Add sugars. Beat til well combined.
4. Add eggs, one at a time. Then vanilla.
5. Gradually add dry ingredients. Mix well.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Use a teaspoon to drop cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet. No need to space these out a ton. An inch and a half is plenty because they don’t spread much.
8. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven when the edges become golden. I like to remove them immediately so they do not continue to bake on the cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
I hope you try these and love them as much as I do!
– No Must-Have Monday this week. However, I am already thinking about next week’s post. I do have some makeup related post ideas floating around my head.
– Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. I’m seeing lots of V-Day makeup ideas on YouTube and the blogverse. I’ll repost any faves!
– I can’t get enough of the Olympics!